Everyday Shredded Pork and Avocado Burritos
Everyday Shredded Pork and Avocado Burritos are simple and delicious, with a combination of tender pork, creamy mayo, avocado, and fresh vegetables.
- 4-5 cups Everyday Shredded Pork (see recipe and notes)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 diced onion
- 1 diced jalapeño (optional, see notes)
- 2 cups diced or shredded lettuce
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 mashed avocado
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 8-10 flour tortillas (or as many needed)
- salt to taste
In a medium cast-iron skillet or pan, heat the oil. When hot, add the shredded pork and cook on medium heat. Stir the meat occasionally until the meat starts to crisp up.
Add onion and diced jalapeño (if using) and continue cooking for an additional 2 minutes, until fragrant. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
Heat a comal or a griddle on medium heat. Place a flour tortilla on the comal and flip until warm and soft.
Place the tortilla on a plate. Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons of mayo on the tortilla and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the mashed avocado on top of the mayo.
Add 4-5 tablespoons (or as much as you want) of the prepared pork. Top with lettuce, tomato, and season with a sprinkle of salt.
Fold your burritohttps://everydaylatina.com/everyday-shredded-pork-instant-pot-and-slow-cooker/. Repeat the process with as many burritos as you wish to make.
- My Everyday Shredded Pork is the key in these burritos. To speed up the prep time, you can plan ahead and cook the pork the night before or in the morning.
- Kid-Friendly/Non-Spicy Tip: For my kids I add the onion but leave out the jalapeño. I sauté the meat with the onion and then separate a portion for them. Then I add the jalapeño to our portion and finish sautéing.
- Leave out the jalapeño altogether if you prefer no spice.