Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresca
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresca is an incredible refreshing and bubbly drink with a hint of mint and lime that is perfect for the summer and hot weather.
- 5 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 1 cup water
- agave (or sweetener of choice) to taste
- 40 mint leaves (10 per serving)
- 1 lime
- 4 bottles of Topo Chico (or other original flavored sparkling water of choice)
This recipe works if you serve each of the glasses individually to maintain the drink bubbly.
Blend chopped watermelon with water until smooth.
Taste and add sweetener of your choice, I prefer agave syrup for sweetness. Blend again.
In a tall glass, add in 10 mint leaves. Use the back of a spoon to muddle the mint leaves slightly. Add ice.
Squeeze 1/4 of the lime into the glass and add 1 cup of the watermelon juice.
Mix to combine.
Top off the glass with sparkling water (about 1/2 cup).
Repeat same process for each individual serving with the remaining watermelon juice.
- Make this a cocktail by adding a shot of tequila to each serving.